June 18, 2010

4 Months

Technically Miss Kensley is 4 1/2 months old now, but I'm just getting around to posting the details. :) Here are her stats:
~ 14 lbs 2 oz (49th %tile)
~ 25 inches (65th %tile)
Her head circumference gave us a little scare. She measured 17 inches which puts her in the 90th %tile. So we had an appointment with a specialist to have an ultrasound of her brain. Luckily her soft spot was still open enough to get a good view and they did not have to do any x rays. Everything looked normal with a little fluid in the middle which causes her head to be a bit larger. This happens in some children and they do not know why but all "grow out of it" or "into it" by 24 months. I perfectly fine with my big headed gal. I think she's a cutie.

~She is a rolling machine. She knows how to roll both ways but seems to forget and get stuck on her belly which makes her mad.
~She's a very happy baby and is eating very well.
~She does not like to sleep. I'll take a bad sleeper over a non-eater (like Addy was) any day.
~Addy loves her to pieces.
~Jeremy and I do too. :)
She really brings us so much joy. You hear parents say that all of the time but its really true. That little smile can just brighten any day.

Here she is at her doctor's appt. Notice how red her cheeks are in this picture...her tummy, arms and legs got more red as time went on. It is so strange. Anytime I put her in Carter's, Target or other similarly priced stores, she gets this rash. She wears mostly Hanna Andersson stuff and some Gap and Gymboree...no rash with those. I guess this crazy gal already has pricey taste.

No comments: