It still amazes me on how your heart grows when you have children. I never understood the way that my mom loved me until I gave birth to Addyson.
It's not like your heart doubles or even triples. It is filled so full that you think it might burst at any moment.
And then when something hurts your baby, you honestly feel your heart ripping right down the middle. I had never experienced true heart pain until I had my girls. Now don't get me wrong, I've had things in my life that I felt like they ripped me to the core....but feeling pain for your kids is an overwhelming pain in your heart. A heart wrenching pain in your chest that doesn't stop until long after their cries have ceased.
I had that today.
Kensley and I were sitting in the arm chair in our bedroom and I looked away. And then I looked back and she toppled over the arm head first onto the floor. It was my fault. She landed right on her head. She cried and then she was fine.
An hour later, she started crying uncontrollably. Nothing seemed to soothe her. Off to the ER we went and after an x-ray and a doctor who missed the "listening skills" seminar in medical school (they should so have that as a class), we were discharged with a strained shoulder. Which is odd considering her shoulder was not bothering her.
We are home now. I am nervous and will be watching the video monitor like a mad women.
Please say a sweet prayer for our girl. She is still crying out in pain when we pick her up using her torso.
Thank you for listening to a concerned, heartbroken momma.
4 comments:
Poor sweet baby girl...praying hard for her! Love you!
Poor Kensley :( And I totally understand--it is gut-wrenching to see your children in pain. Praying that she feels better soon!
Every mother would understand your pain. Praying for y'all!
Love you!
Awww...praying for you, and your sweet girl, today. :( I have a close friend that just had the same thing happen to her (and her little boy). He fell off the counter when she turned her head (and broke his clavicle).
Post a Comment