Things started changing slowly for Addyson in August. She was having a hard time obeying without putting up a fight and time-outs started slowly increasing. By the end of November, I felt like I had to tip toe around my 4 year old to avoid a huge meltdown on a daily basis.
I felt lost. What had I done wrong in the parenting world? Where had this anger come from? Where was my sweet girl?
One night last week, we had a huge temper fit. Addyson was left screaming in her room and I felt completed defeated. I started looking online for answers only to find that most described this as normal 4 year old behavior.
This was not my 4 year olds normal behavior.
Flashback to Kensley's 9 month check-up. Dr. Miller said something that really just slipped by me. "Look at those gorgeous long eyelashes. You can tell she's a allergy baby." I didn't think twice about it...honestly, every day someone comments on KK's eyelashes just like they did Addyson's when she was a baby and still do.
So I googled "long eyelashes and allergies". Several things came up, but there were several that centered around Celiac Disease and long eyelashes. I quickly read over the info. Oddly enough, our dinner that night of the huge fit was pasta and delicious Publix bakery bread. Hmmmm....surely this isn't the case. Addyson and I are both dairy and soy free....and now I was thinking about taking out gluten too!
The next day our gluten free diet started. And, wouldn't you know it...my girl is BACK! I get teary-eyed when I think about it. Such an easy fix for months of heart ache for all of us. And it's easy! We both feel great and have had a wonderful week. I honestly would have never guessed that taking out one tiny ingredient in our diet could have such a major affect on fits of rage, back talking, and blatantly disobeying.
I have asked her several times if she wanted to eat gluten again. Her response, "No, Mommy. I feel so much better than I did."
Amazed.
Happy.
Loving life.
4 comments:
Well, I have begun my gluten free lifestyle today. I can't say I can tell any difference yet, but hopefully it will help me out too.
Love you!
Mom
That is pretty amazing. So glad you were able to find a solution!
WOW I wonder if this is Brayden's Problem?I might need to look into this for sure.You should be a doctor.
This is amazing Tracy! Silas has started behavior like this lately... at the moment I'm just connecting it to the terrible twos. But with the holidays and all of this egg free baking I have done I'm also connecting it to too much sugar intake. I'm considering cutting sugar out of his diet but this is something to consider as well! Plus I wouldn't mind feeling a little better myself!
Post a Comment