September 28, 2009

Nashville

Jeremy had to go to a conference in Nashville last week, so Addyson and I tagged along to visit. We stayed with the Mongers and had a great time catching up. Nico and Addy played at an indoor inflatable playground one day (okay, okay so did Becca, Lindsey and me). And we went to the zoo the next day. We also got to eat dinner with Audrey while we were there. Fun times with good old friends.


Sweet Moment at the Zoo



I couldn't pass this goat by without taking a picture. Funny story....my grandparents took me to the auction with them one day when I was little. I am guessing that I was a little older than Addy is now. Well, herds of goats were going through the auction and I told my Paw-Paw that I wanted a baby goat. He said that I could get one if a single baby goat went through by itself and if he could win in for $1. He obviously thought that would never happen. Sure enough, a little bit later, there walked in MY baby goat. All alone and ready to be bid on. So, he let me raise the paddle to bid $1. Who was going to bid against a little girl? No one. So I won the goat. I am sure that my parents were thrilled when we came home that night with a baby goat.
We kept Fannie for a few years until she wouldn't stop standing on top of cars and chasing my sister around the outside of the house. I loved that goat...and this one looks a lot like her and perfectly enough she's standing on the rail just like Fannie used to do on our back porch. How redneck do I sound right now?


Becca & Addy


Cutie Nico

4 comments:

The VanZoerens said...

Oh, Fannie--I remember that goat! She used to scare the tar out of me! Glad you guys were able to make it to Nashville and didn't wash away in the flood. We were in Atlanta last weekend as the waters were rising--it was crazy.

becca said...

i'm so glad i got to see you guys! Especially at the bouncy place...i'm thinking of making it a weekly visit for myself! Love you!

Nanny Tucker said...

Yes, She was a good goat. . .but she thought she was a dog. Remember?? She always followed Duchess around & l time got lost in a briar patch. We finally found her crying by getting Duchess to bark. She could have eaten her way out, but she didn't know that. Oh, by the way, you were 3 years old when we got Fannie & PawPaw let you bring the goat home in the back seat of his little jeep. You loved it!!

Bethany Patton said...

Now THAT is a "I grew up in Alabama" story! Can't top it, not even gonna try.