Every night after bath time, Addyson gets 2 Oreo cookies. It isn't my favorite tradition that we've started, but they are her absolute favorite. I found a recipe for homemade Oreo cookies that looked delicious and gave it a shot on Sunday altering the recipe to make it dairy free. Oh my goodness...they are so good. To me, they are better the second day because the cookies soften up and they taste like double doozies from the Cookie Company. Its probably been 15 years since I've had one of those cookies, but who can forget that taste?!?





7 comments:
They look delicious! Can't wait to try them!
Love you!
Mom
Did you say DOUBLE DOOZIE??? You know how i feel about those things! I have to try these oreo's. Now, how many mini doozies do you have to buy to make one big one??!!
Yummy! I am definitely going to have to try them out!!!
Did you just alter the recipe using an egg substitute and the dairy-free butter you'd told me about before? They look great!
Yep, I used the egg sub. But, since we've found out that she can't do soy oil anymore, I haven't been able to find any margarines made out of anything other than dairy or soy. So, I found a palm oil shortening that Spectrum makes. They were a tiny bit greasier than I would have liked but still delicious! :)
We love double doozies. Can I get that recipe? Lucas has realized that dairy bothers his stomach and has quit drinking milk and is watchful of milk products.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed them! Loved seeing your pics!
Post a Comment