July 13, 2008

Happy


I am feeling a lot better about this move today. We went to church (Conyers First United Methodist) this morning where Addyson will be starting preschool in about a month. It was my first time going to a new church and really loving it the entire time. The people were so welcoming and friendly.


Addyson did great during class and service in the nursery. The nursery workers were even still nice to me after I explained in great detail about all her many allergies and more than filled up the "notes" section on her card. When I go over Addy's stuff with some people, I feel that I am just boring them with all the details, but they all seemed nice and interested in what I was saying....a plus for a neurotic mom like me.


I met another mom (who seemed like someone I would be friends with) that had a 4 and almost 2 year old who is sending both of her kids to preschool there. Her 4 year old and her loved it last year, so that made me feel a little easier about the whole thing.


I went for a long run, well, long walk/run :), yesterday and ran through Old Towne Conyers (like downtown) and people were outside of the little shops and all said hello. And, people waved like they knew me. It made me feel more "home" than I had since we moved here. I don't know if its the fact that we are "squatters" right now at Pat and Ronnie's or if I was intimated by moving to the big city, Atlanta. But, I have felt like we are just in limbo...and that changed this weekend. I feel more "at home" in this city now. I still miss Auburn and all of our friends, but can see us starting a life here.

8 comments:

Everyday with the Edwards said...

I am so glad you are starting to feel more "at home" there in Conyers. It is SOOO hard to move to a new place and not know anyone there, especially when you have a little one, but I am glad you enjoyed your new church and heard great things about Addy's new school! We miss y'all!

Nanny Tucker said...

I am happy that all is going better for you! I know you will be fine. It is much easier to make friends in the south than in the north, ie, VA is in the north whether they know if or not.
Love & miss you!
Mom

Brandy said...

Yeah! I am so happy for you! ATL and the surrounding area is so much fun with so much to offer-I know you will meet friends,join a church, and become so busy real soon! I am so happy that Addy has adjusted so well too!

Lindsey said...

I know you guys are happy to finally be somewhere to stay for a while (well, once you find a house and move in) :). Please call or write if you are ever feeling lonely. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are settling in! It is hard to be in limbo! Hope things continue to feel more and more like home! I'll continue to pray for your house to sell!

Finch Family said...

I'm glad things are going so well! It sounds like you will meet some nice people through church and Addy's school.

(PS - you need to go look at the mountain slide show on Claire's blog...Addy and Leah are wearing the same shirt. :) )

**Punkydoop's World** said...

I am so happy things are going good! We miss you guys like crazy but I am so glad we have been talking so much more lately! Even though we are 4 hours apart I am always here to chat! I know you guys will make GA home and you guys will be so happy there!! It just takes time.
Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are liking it there so far! I can't wait to find a time to come visit soon!! Addy will love preschool and have so many friends...maybe you will start a mommy group in conyers now! Love you!