April 17, 2008

Whey Woes

Tomorrow will be day 14 of my dairy free challenge. It is going GREAT and I haven't cheated once! I feel so much better, have more energy and have lost some more lbs. I also took out refined sugar and white flour. It is amazing how making little changes in your diet can affect how you feel...well, not amazing because I guess it makes perfect sense, but I am just glad I have figured out my "bad" foods.

BUT, today I am baking Snickerdoodles for our charity bake sale. The main ingredients are butter, sugar and white flour so they are a big no-no. It has been tough but I haven't given in. I had to save 2 cookies for Jeremy to have....and I feel like those 2 lonely cookies are staring a whole in my head! ;)

6 comments:

Nanny Tucker said...

The Snickerdoodles look yummy and are decorated so cute!!

Everyday with the Edwards said...

I am glad you posted a picture so I have an example of what mine should look like. :) You are a very strong person!

Anonymous said...

What willpower! Sadly, I don't have it.

Anonymous said...

Remember what you told me about that birthday cake i wanted SO bad last week...well just think about that and those cookies :) Except it doesn't work as well b/c you made those cookies!

Cristin Claire said...

Gosh, you are stronger than I am! The only difference in me and you is my weakness it completely 100% chocolate. If that didn't exist, I would actually probably be a pretty skinny girl!

I'm proud of you for eating so healthy! Maybe you can teach me your tricks- I've been on weight watchers now for 4 weeks and am struggling to find filling snacks/food.

Tracy Williams said...

Cristin, you are so skinny! :) I am just trying to eat whole foods...not anything processed and I stay away from dairy, white flour and refined sugar. I am almost 1/2 way to my goal now. Hopefully by the summer, I will be there! Good luck with weight watchers...I have heard it is a great program!