January 3, 2008

Happy New Year

I can't believe it is 2008 and Addyson is one week away from being 2 years old! After dealing with a few hard weeks, it has made me even more thankful for my family. Addyson was a wonderful blessing to our lives and continues to be each day. She reminds me not to take everything so seriously. I'll try not to get all emotional but I can not imagine what our lives would be without her. And, I could not have imagined that I could love another human this much before being a mom.

Okay, thats all the sappy stuff for today...now on to the fun stuff!

Addyson used the potty twice last week! I have slacked off the potty training since we've been out of town. I was so excited when she first used the potty, that I think I scared her by screaming and clapping so loud...then she just started laughing when I mentioned there was candy involved.

And, let me tell you how sweet my hubby is. We didn't get each other real gifts this Christmas (our present to each other was our trip to Gatlinburg in November). So one day after Christmas, Jeremy went out to get a few things to finish up our fence and to use his gift cards from Christmas. Well, he came home with a new camera for me (well, for us, but really for me)! I love our nice big digital one because it takes great pics but I had been talking for a long time about getting a small camera to take with me in my purse or the diaper bag. So he used his gift cards/Christmas money to buy that for me! And its so stinkin cute...its tiny and red! I love it! He's so great!

Our house...I have been trying to get so much done over the past 2 months and really haven't had time to do much at all. The fence is complete now which is great because we know we have coyotes that live in the woods behind our house. We have seen them going down to the lake really late at night. And, on New Years, someone in our neighborhood started shooting fireworks so we went out to watch. The coyotes started howling and it was the spookiest noise I have ever heard. It didn't sound like regular dogs howling...I got chills. So the fence is up and nothing will try to eat our little boston terrier. We have our blinds, and plan on hanging them this weekend, along with all of our pictures and mirrors. I have to CLEAN...today! We have ordered 3 large rugs. We have ordered a new table and chairs which hopefully will be in on Monday. So, after this weekend, I hope everything is done for awhile!!!! Later, we'll get started on painting...Addy's room first of course! :)

And, I have one more prayer request. My grandfather will be having open heart surgery on Wednesday if everything goes as planned. Please keep him, my grandmother and my Mom in your prayers. My Paw-Paw Isbell is a very active 80 year old man who loves to build anything, go camping, and just be busy doing something all the time. Please pray that he can make it through the surgery and recover back to his old self.

Thank you for all your prayers for Scott's family. Jeremy and I really appreciate all of you who came to the funeral, called, emailed, texted and everything else to check on us. We are so thankful for our friends and family. And thank you to Mom and Dad, Anthony, Kristine and Ben who watched Addy while we went to the memorial service and visited with Jeremy's family afterward.

Sorry this post is so long! Have a great week!

No comments: